Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health ("Home Again") is committed to protecting your privacy. Home Again offers a pet recovery service for pet safety and health, education for pet owners, and products, information and special offers from us and our carefully selected business partners that we believe you will value (the "HomeAgain® Program").
We will not sell or rent your information. We will share it with third parties for purposes related to the HomeAgain® Program and these third parties will only be able to use the information for marketing purposes related to pet products, safety and health. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand the ways in which we collect, use, and disclose information we receive from or about you through the HomeAgain® Program.
Collection of Personal Information.You may access and browse our Web site without disclosing any information that identifies you, such as name, address, or email address ("Personal Information"). We will collect Personal Information from or about you in the following instances:
- Information you provide.We will collect and store any Personal Information you enter on our Web site or provide to us in some other manner. For example:
- When you enroll in the HomeAgain® Program, we will collect your first and last names, postal and email addresses, telephone number(s), and other information, including payment information (such as credit card number) and pet information, that will allow us to secure your membership in the HomeAgain® Program.
- If you request information, products or services from Home Again, or ask us to resolve questions or concerns, we will ask you to provide information such as your name, contact information, and other identifying information necessary to respond to a particular inquiry.
- If you respond to surveys, assessment tools, questionnaires, and other forms of feedback requests, we will collect information from you that you provide in such settings.
- Information from outside sources.You may enroll in the HomeAgain® Program in various ways: i.e. through veterinary clinics, animal shelters, pet stores, retailers, and other entities, which will provide your enrollment information to us in order to register you for the program. We also will obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources (for example, national change of address information).
- Information about others.We also will collect and store Personal Information about other people that you provide to us. For example, if you list someone other than yourself as a point of contact, we will collect and store that information. We also will collect information about your pet, such as name, microchip number and breed.
We also collect information through cookies and other technologies to help us keep track of your interactions with our Web site. If you have shared Personal Information, such as an email address or username, we will include a portion of this information in a cookie so that we can recognize you and remember your selections when you return to our Web site. Please note that your Web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent.
We also will use standard Internet technology, such as Internet tags (also known as Web beacons, action tags, or GIFs) in combination with cookies at our Web site and will deploy these tags through an advertising company. These tags are placed on both online advertisements that bring users to our Web site and on different pages within our Web site. We use this technology to measure visitors & responses to our Web site and the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted). Please be assured that we do not collect or seek through these tags or cookies any Personal Information about our visitors.
Cookies or Internet tags may also be used within certain promotional email communications or in conjunction with such communications sent by us or our business partners for the purpose of tracking whether a promotion was viewed by the email recipient or someone the email was referred to. These cookies or Internet tags are not linked to your Personal Information.
Uses of Information.We will use the Personal Information and other information we collect to:
- enroll you or renew your membership in the HomeAgain® Program,
- fulfill your requests for information, products or services
- provide you with product support and answer your questions,
- manage and provide you with access to your account and our Web site,
- analyze use of the HomeAgain® Program, develop new products and services, and customize our products, services and other information we make available,
- periodically communicate with you about your account and/or about special offers related to the HomeAgain® Program, and/or
- enforce the terms and conditions of the HomeAgain® Program and our Web site
Disclosures of Information. We will not sell or rent any Personal Information (including email address) we collect.
We will share your information with Home Again service providers in order to deliver the services, products and information offered under the HomeAgain® Program. These service providers include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- the pet recovery service that contacts clients of lost pets during the recovery process,
- the emergency medical hotline that provides 24-hour/7-day-a-week pet emergency telephone assistance,
- the animal shelters, veterinary clinics, and animal welfare organizations that provide care until the lost pet is returned, and
- other providers who help us deliver (or provide the technical support for) the HomeAgain® Program, including enrollment and payment processing, pet insurance, customer communications, call centers, and the Web site.
In addition, we will share your Personal Information with carefully selected business partners so we may communicate with you about special offers related to the HomeAgain® Program that we hope will be of interest to you. These business partners will only be authorized to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes related to pet products, safety and health. You have a choice about the receipt of special email offers. If you enroll in the HomeAgain® Program through our Web site, you will be presented at that time with the option not to receive promotional emails. If you enroll in the HomeAgain® Program through other means (such as through your veterinary clinic), you may visit our website and create an online account where you will be presented with the same options. In either case, you can modify your promotional email preference at any time by visiting our Web site, calling 1-888-HOMEAGAIN (1-888-466-3242), or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also will provide instructions on how to unsubscribe from special email offers within any such email we send to you.
We also will disclose your information (i) as required by law; (ii) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights; (iii) to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us; and/or (iv) in response to an inquiry by law enforcement personnel or receipt of a police report relating to a microchipped pet. Also, we will disclose your information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Please note that regardless of the choices you make about the receipt of special promotional email offers, we will continue to provide you with service-related email announcements. We also will continue to send you information about special offers and other information relating to the HomeAgain® Program by postal mail. You can modify your promotional postal mail preferences by calling 1-888-HOMEAGAIN (1-888-466-3242) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Accessing and Updating Your Information.To access and update your personal or pet information, you can visit our Web site and log into your online account. You can also update your information, or instruct us to remove you from the HomeAgain® Program, by calling 1-888-HOMEAGAIN (1-888-466-3242) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we will retain your contact information and information about your pet (such as microchip ID number and name) for the purposes of pet recovery and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. Microchip ID numbers have a permanent listing in our database. You may update your contact information at www.HomeAgain.com at any time.
Security and Compliance.We maintain reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technologies when we collect or transmit sensitive Personal Information, such as credit card or account information. We also comply with all laws that require us to protect your Personal Information.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information directly from any person under the age of 13.
Changes to this Privacy Notice.We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. You can determine whether the Notice has changed by reviewing the date posted at the top. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post notice of the change on our Web site or notify you in other ways we deem appropriate to keep you informed of our information practices.
Contact Us.If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, you should contact our Privacy Officer at: Merck Privacy Office 351 N. Sumneytown Pike; UG4B-24; North Wales, PA 19454.Email: email@example.com.
If you have comments or questions about the HomeAgain® Program or trouble accessing your account, please contact us at: Home Again Customer Service, 2 Giralda Farms; Madison, NJ 07940 USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-888-HomeAgain (1-888-466-3242).